The Cas Abou plantation exists since the 17th century and used to include almost a thousand acres of land. It used to be named Engelenberg after its owner, Willebrord van Engelen, who also owned the Van Engelen plantation. The main activity was agriculture, while salt mining was also practiced. The plantation incurred heavy damage during the slave rebellion of 1795 and the English sackings which took place some 14 years later. It was completely restored around 1970, at which time a number of modifications were applied to façades, dormers and windows.
St. Willibrordus